(Um that little spaz in the title is NOT supposed to be a curse word... haha)
UMM WE SAW THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2 AND LET ME TELL YOU
-NEW OBSESSION WITH SPIDERMAN. BY FAR MY FAVORITE SUPER HERO MOVIE EVER
- I'VE NEVER CRIED TO SO HARD IN A MOVIE. EVER. NOT EVEN CLOSE. I CRY IN LOTS OF MOVIES AND THAT'S NORMAL, AND I EVEN HAVE TO HOLD IT IN A LITTLE MORE THAN OTHER TIMES, BUT NOT THIS MOVIE. I WAS HOLDING IT IN (BECAUSE WHO WANTS TO SOB AT A MOVIE THEATER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MOVIE. KIND OF EMBARRASSING AND ANNOYING FOR EVERYONE.) AND THEN IT ENDED AND I TURNED TO CHANCE TO TELL HIM HOW MUCH I LOVED IT AND I TOTALLY LOST IT. NOT KIDDING, I WAS HYSTERICAL. LIKE, I HAVE RARELY CRIED THAT HARD EVER IN MY LIFE ABOUT LEGITIMATE SAD THINGS.
It was crazy and I had no idea what was going on. But then I realized *** SPOILER *** Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone) and Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) has the most amazing love and chemistry on screen (and in real life!) and I seriously fell in love with their love. (Which is kinda funny because with the previous Spiderman movies there was not Gwen, just Mary Jane, and then the new Spiderman came out and I was like 'who is the Gwen chick? Where's MJ!?' Now I am opposite... GWEN FOREVER). And then what happens? I wasn't prepared because I didn't read the comics or anything. Gwen Stacy dies. Not only does she die, but she dies because of a situation she was put in by Spiderman (though she made it clear it was her choice). But that was his greatest fear, was putting her in danger. But if Spiderman's web had reached her 1 second earlier, she probably would have lived. So she dies, they have a funeral, and they show Peter at her grave throughout the whole year, and he takes a break from spiderman, then he talks to his aunt and his aunt talks about moving on, then a bad guy comes and a little kid dresses up as spiderman and goes out to face the bad guy (more tears) and Spiderman comes back. I know that was a ramble but here is the deal:
-I'm an empathizer. You know that quote we hear a lot in church "bare one another's burdens". I do that. When I see, hear, or talk to someone about something they are struggling with I can't help but put myself in that situation (not that I could ever do it completely accurately). And as stupid as it sounds, that's exactly what I did when I was watching this Spiderman. As soon as Gwen died, I put myself in Spiderman's situation (not with gwen obviously... but with Chance.. ) I can't. I really don't know how I would live without him. Even thinking about losing him, my eyes fill with water. And second.. and the thing that is the real kicker, Spiderman "moves on".... I can understand moving on if like.. he didn't love her anymore, or if she didn't love him, but she died. I'm sure they would have been together forever if she didn't die. I literally cannot fathom moving on in a situation like that. It makes me sad to think about moving on too... And I know people do it all the time... but I just... yeah, I don't like thinking about it.
-That little kid at the end. The kid who had hope, and bravery. I'm a sucker for children. It touched my heart! And since I was already on the edge of tears, that just kicked over the bucket haha.
I know it's totally silly, but that's what happened. And I cried for like an hour after the movie and I couldn't even talk about it without breaking down. Cute Chance just held and comforted me:)
So yeah. Go see The Amazing Spiderman 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment