I didn't go camping this summer.... and I was pretty bummed about it. So I kept whining to my parents, and they FINALLY took me camping. Just me and my parents. Sunday evening we hooked up the trailer, hopped in the car and drove out to antelope island. Of course we had to drive back to the house twice after we had left. We forgot to lock the door the first time, and the second time we realized we forgot the "flipping ax" because aubrey had to have a "flipping fire". Hahahahaha... When we arrived we saw the sign... "CAMP GROUND FULL!". But we asked the ranger anyways... "are you really full?" She told us they were but that we could get check out White Rock camp ground and the Festival, but it would cost 45$ for the night if we stayed. That was a bit of a difference from 10$. But we checked it out anyways. And we found that there were sites open in the normal camp ground, but we went over to white rock anyways. We payed the fee, picked a spot, and set up camp. Mom made the most gourmet camp dinner I've ever had. Alaskan Salmon, rice, rolls, and fruit. Holy, so good. Then we decided to go check out the festival. We could see all the kites being flown and we could hear the Neil Diamond impersonator from our campsite. Oh gosh, what a redneck festival. From all the greasy food, to the bull riding machine. HA! It was too much for me. So we went back to our camp and made my flipping fire to roast some s'mores.
It rained all night. Hard. But I secretly hoped it would. Listening to rain on the trailer is one of my favorite things. AND we woke up to a bison RIGHT outside our trailer. I just KNEW that would happen! We waited until the rain passed, and we got on our bikes for a ride. OH MY HILLS. The first hill was a doozy. But the rest was great, even though the smell of the Great Salt Lake makes me nauseous. On the way back, Dad was nice enough to let us stop at the visitors center while he biked back to camp to get the car to pick us up. Mom and I weren't ready to handle anymore hills. But dad did it in like 30 min! After resting a second we headed to the buffalo burger grill, where of course I felt obligated to get a buffalo burger. And after biking about 17 miles, I wasn't feeling so bad about eating it!
I love to get away, even if it's only for a day. I loved spending time with my mom and dad. It was a desert livin', bike ridin', bison lovin', grand ol' adventure. They are so glad I make them do fun things.
mom takes cool pics. haha











No comments:
Post a Comment