Hmmm... I'm really not sure what I want to say. Don't get me wrong, this Christmas was awesome, like it always is.
I woke up everyone in the morning. We lined up to go into the living room ( I was promoted to first in line since Mckay is gone... even though my mom sent him pictures of the living room the night before, so I STILL didn't get to go in first.... haha) opened gifts, opened some surprises, laughed, and enjoyed our Christmas morning. Mom made a yummy breakfast, Dad bought "crackers" (an English activity, since Leanne joined us for Christmas... oh yeah she and Chad are engaged! Can't wait for her to be a part of our family!), and we skyped Mckay for a good amount of time and it was WONDERFUL. Went and visited Grandma Haws' grave to put a star decoration on it and wish her Merry Christmas (we are missing her so dearly this season...) then went to Grandma Nilsson's house for a delicious Christmas dinner, and some more gifts (Grandma's gift to all of us- "You all put the 'zing' in amazing!" Matching shirts for all that say ZING. Ya know what Grandma? You put the AMA in amazing!! hehe..) and spending time with family. Then back home. And Dad read me Dr. Suess, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (yes, I still love when my dad reads to me). And it was a lovely way to end the night...
But for some reason I'm struggling with the fact that it's over... Ha. That sounds ridiculous, but that is my legitimate feeling.
Maybe because for the last 2 months my whole identity has revolved around Christmas... All the music I listened to, movies I watched, clothes I wore, activities I did, and things I talked about were in relation to Christmas. And now Christmas is over... I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO I AM ANYMORE.
Haha, okay that was a tad bit dramatic. But kind of seriously... I'm just sad it's over. A little more sad than usual. Also, I didn't get to spend it with Chance which is a bummer. The Christmas season is just.... the best. I'll miss it is all.
I'm so thankful that I get to celebrate the Christmas season. So thankful for my family who makes every Christmas unforgettable, especially my parents.
And I'm most thankful for my Savior. For his birth. For his Life. For his sacrifice.
Very Merry Christmas to you all.





No comments:
Post a Comment