How today was supposed to go:
// Wake up and go to the temple to do baptisms.
// Tailgate with the family before the BYU game to visit and eat some yummy food!
// Head out to Chasing Chance's show at the Radioactive Fest and set up outside.
// Take some sweet pictures for the band.
// Meet Dan Reynolds of Imagine Dragons.
How today actually went:
// Woke up and laid in moms bed and talked all morning.
// Still went to the temple, but didn't have time to do baptisms so I just sat in the chapel and read my
scriptures for a bit.
scriptures for a bit.
// Drove out to go tailgating and hit awful game-day traffic so we ended up driving around for a while trying to find some place to park because we weren't going to stay for the game. We ended up parking pretty far away and walked a ways ONLY to have it start POURING rain right as we found the family. I mean I don't even think I said hi to anyone. Everyone was scrambling trying to put the food away and go for cover. Too bad Chance and I had no cover since our car was parked half a mile away! So I hurry and stuck my camera bag into my aunts car for safe keeping, and Chance and I had no choice but to walk back to his car in this mini hurricane. Soaked to the bone. So hungry. And maybe a little scared even?... Roads were flooded, trees were falling down. Never seen rain like that in Utah! We made it back to Chance's apartment safely... but now...hair ruined, makeup gone, and I had NO extra clothes... I was forced to wear Chance's sweats and a T-shirt.
// We weren't sure if the show was going to be cancelled since it was supposed to be outside. So we went out to where it was supposed to be to see what was going on. The show was still on but they were forced to play inside on a puny stage, got too short of a sound check, started late, and had a few technical difficulties.
// Since I put my camera bag in my aunts car, I no longer had it to take pictures. And my phone died so I took iphone pictures with Nick's phone. Plus terrible lighting.
// Didn't meet Dan Reynolds...
Lesson learned from today? Some of the best days are the ones in which, not necessarily everything goes wrong, but when all these things happen that you didn't plan for! I LOVED laying in bed with my mom just talking. I LOVED just sitting and reading my scriptures in the temple. I felt the spirit of love from my Heavenly Father SO strongly and couldn't help but smile the whole time I was there. The rain was definitely NOT planned for... but getting stuck in that kind of rain was actually fun. Chance and I just walked and ran through it hand in hand and just laughed the whole time. It was like a "I can't believe this is really happening right now" kind of laugh. That was some super soaking rain, and not everyone can say they've been a part of rain like that! It was fun!
Luckily the show still happened, and even though it wasn't ideal, they still got to play, and the people still loved it! And I got good enough pictures. I'm just glad my nice camera didn't get ruined! We didn't meet Dan Reynolds.. BUT I got to witness his sound check so it was basically like a private concert right?.... Haha.
Luckily the show still happened, and even though it wasn't ideal, they still got to play, and the people still loved it! And I got good enough pictures. I'm just glad my nice camera didn't get ruined! We didn't meet Dan Reynolds.. BUT I got to witness his sound check so it was basically like a private concert right?.... Haha.
Regardless of how today went, it is one I will ALWAYS remember. And I live for these kinds of days.

No comments:
Post a Comment